add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can apple products get viruses?

ThreeFingersDeep

15 months ago

I have an ipad I mainly use for umm...( research ), and my friend said that they can't get virus, so I was wondering if this is true or not. Don't worry I'm never going to buy any apple, I got it as a present for umm reasons.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 7 points

Research

There are no hot singles in your area... sorry buddy

And yes, apple products can get viruses. They're just harder to get because of the way Mac OS is structured.

• 15 months ago
  • 4 points

Yes they can, it's just much harder for them to get infected because there are far less viruses out there compared to ones for windows and android since they have a larger market share, meaning they can target more people.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for the response much appreciated

• 15 months ago
  • 4 points

"Research." lol. You're not the only one looking at a billion dollar industry. All that aside, yes, they can get viruses. Just use common sense, don't click fishy links, don't click on ads, don't download anything.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

I wasn't implying that it wasnt for **** I just wasn't sure if I could say that and not get like reported or some thing but thanks for the advice

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

No worries dude, you won't get reported.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 15 months ago
  • 3 points

Sorry you had to move my mistake, I'll be more careful in the future.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

What do you mean by research? Certain things may have a higher chance of getting you a virus.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

If you download anything from the app store then it's fine, it's hard to download anything from anything else, but if you do then your at risk

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, my mac currently has an invisible malware virus that keeps popping up saying I need to scan now or my data will be corrupted in 30 sec. No malware software can find it.

If you are using your mac for what others are implying then its gong to get infected eventually.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been using it for 4 years now it's still going strong I was just curious

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

When you make a virus, you target a huge city (windows), a smaller city (macs), or the middle of the desert (mobile). It’s possinel but doesn’t happen often, iOS security is pretty good.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Do what I do when I am done with a PC, smash the HDD with a 20kg sledge hammer.

People stupidly believe that if they delete something its gone for good, that is not so... I've proved that to family members by using software to pull up their entire history of their PC that they think they have deleted everything from.

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of healthy paranoia

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I had multiple clients with infected Macs and iOS devices and it took me pulling a report from the firewall showing the infected Macs trying infect other devices. The one common thing about these Macs and iOS devices are that nobody ran updates on them in the misguided belief that updates will slow them down.

There are also Ransom-ware virus targeting Apple products since most Apple product owners tend to have more money than technical abilities.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

If u look for my username on the hub u can actually see what I'm researching

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Comments like this are not appropriate for this site.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

lmao

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Comments like this are not appropriate for this site.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry boss. I was in for the lawls. Didn't know the p word was inappropriate.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube