add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Are all PSU power cables the same?

JoeDaPandaNZ
  • 24 months ago

Okay so here is my problem....

I am a first time builder from New Zealand where PC parts seem stupidly high so i am looking at purchasing a EVGA SuperNova G3 550W PSU from newegg and have it shipped all the way to New Zealand (yes it is still way cheaper including the shipping) but the problem is that it will come with a American power cable which doesn't fit in New Zealand wall sockets (same ones as Australia), so i was thinking that i could just buy another power cable with a New Zealand pin layout and it will work flawlessly right???...right??? If the cable fits into the back of the PSU does this mean that it will work because they all look the same or is there actually a difference? also what exactly is the name for this cable and are they all compatible with each other??

Thanks heaps!!!

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

It’ll work

https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/PSU.aspx?pn=A3DF2771-CCB6-4ED2-AE43-93B224838C41

Supports up to 240v 60hz

You just need a different power cord for the pin layout or one of the adapter things

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

yes thats the problem i need to know if all the power cords for input are the same

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's a standard IEC power cable (except with one end for the system New Zealand uses at the wall), it will work.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube