add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Some cords are missing?

Memo1010
  • 24 months ago

I have this PSU https://pcpartpicker.com/product/grH48d/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu430cxv3 and this MOBO https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3yzv6h/asus-motherboard-m4a785tdmevo

the MOBO's manual says that you must plug in the ATX12V (22) cord in, which is in the top left corner. It also says I must plug in the EATXPWR (212) which is to the right. In this case the PSU only has a 210 and a 22 but the manual says that'll work too, however they are right next to each other, with some sort of tape like thing connecting them. I don't want to cut it and screw something up. What to do?

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Plug the 6pin and 24pin ATX connector into the slots in the mobo.

They might be called different things but they should work.

IDK on the tape thing

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

but I cant plug both in at the same time because the tape in holding them tightly together and the slots to plug them in are far apart. Also the tape says 'tube' on it, idk if that means anything to you or not

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Could we get a picture? I'm never used a non-modular PSU

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

actually I just figured it out. It would be really weird to explain in words so I won't try unless if some one with the same problem asks me

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube