add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help choosing PSU cables!!!

vflozoya726
  • 25 months ago

Hello everyone.

I'm making my first rig and I want to make it stand out more. I want to buy custom psu cables from CableMod. I think they're a bit pricey which is why I don't want to overspend on cables I don't need. Here is the parts list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/vflozoya726/saved/T4R7hM

While you're at it, I would appreciate if you could rate my build. I know it's a bit much but I want something that can last me several years. Anyway thank you for helping. Have a great day!

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 3 points

I would firstly recommend (if you haven't build this yet) 1 1080ti instead of 2 1070ti's. Most games don't scale well with sli so performance (depending on the games you play) will be most of the times higher with 1 stronger gpu then 2 weaker ones. You would also need lesser cables btw. But thats something you will have to decide.

Faster HDD for same cost https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CbL7YJ/seagate-barracuda-2tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm006 .

For cables if you go with that list you have to make the decision if you want extensions or full sized cables. Then i would go for 1 8pin cpu, 24pin and gpu cables in the colour you like since they are visible.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I know it's not mentioned in the list, but I'll also be having six 120mm AMZtronics RGB fans

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

SLI is utter garbage. Many games do not support it, and if they do, a lot see diminished performance (10-30FPS less on some games). There’s also the increased power draw and the headaches associated with SLI. It’s not worth it. Just get a 1080 ti.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube