add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need quick replies about Samsung 840 EVO vs Seagate 600

JohnOldman

71 months ago

I was set on buying a 500GB 840 EVO but just found an offer for the Seagate 600 480GB for 70 pounds cheaper. I assume this sale won't last very long and so want to figure out as quickly as possible if I should get the Seagate or not.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeh I found that one as well though there certainly errors in the comparison (for starters it says its for the 1TB EVO but it's actually the 120GB...). Anyway, I bought the Seagate now because the 60 pound difference was too nice to pass up on.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I know you said you already picked, but the size on SSDboss is the maximum capacity I believe. Yes yes sometimes smaller drives underperform larger capacity but it can't be by that much :P

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw many reviews that compared the two. Some thought that the seagate was better, others went with the evo. Another said that in day to day usage the difference is milliseconds at most and they are just as reliable. If the only difference is a bunch of cash, then save the cash, you wont notice a difference in the two drives, but you will have extra money for other upgrades.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The Samsung EVO line is popular as they have a great price/GB ratio, but when you can get the Seagate that much cheaper there's no reason to pass it up. The difference between SSD's (when comparing same size/interface)is mostly only going to show up in benchmarks.

In terms of reliability and lifespan it all comes down to the number of writes...there are many articles online about small tweaks you can make to your system to maximize the lifespan.

You won't be sorry with that Seagate, and the savings on top of the performance is just icing on the cake.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

^^^^^^ there is your answer

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube