add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help wanted for custom PSU cables

Troublemaker
  • 25 months ago

Hi, I recently decided that I was going to mod my psu cables to add value to my rig, I wondered if what types of cables I needed and how many of them, thank you for answering my question, have a nice day

build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/czq7XP

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you own that RIG?

Because you could make it cheaper.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You can use a vendor like cable mod. They make quality products and are pretty affordable compared to the competition. You will need to put in your EXACT model of PSU (If you don't you could short pins which best case the cable doesn't work, worst case something explodes) and then you can select colors and lengths. They can come in bundles or individual cables. If you just want the 24 pin, 8 pin, and PCIe power to have the special cables then you just buy those, or you can get a whole bundle with the same amount of SATA and molex and other cables that are sleeved. Give them a look and let me know what you think!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube