add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wraith Prism Cooler vs H7?

Dtwenty
  • 23 months ago

Is there a point or just keep the stock cooler?

Thanx

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Supposedly the Wraith Prism Cooler is very nice for a stock cooler. If your not overclocking i'd keep it. If you are overclocking(beyond light overclock) you probably want something stronger then the H7.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

If you already have the stock cooler then I would just keep it. The H7 will run quieter, but it will have a similar cooling potential.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't OC, the Prism is enough for the R2700X eve at full load.

https://www.pcper.com/files/review/2018-04-16/temps.png

AIO used: Corsair H110i.

The 2700X has a TDP of 105 Watt, and the Prism should have a TDP of 140 Watt (?!?)

So, it should be able to push the 2700X a bit further.

The H7 has the same TDP as the Prism.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

This video may help from JaysTwoCents https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRY0Ri2VoM

He tested overclocking with the prism cooler on the 2700x.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, manually OCing on a Prism at more than 4.0Ghz - totally fail! lol

And actually to be honest, the most people (if not all of them) doesn't rely on AMD SenseMI and precision boost. That's not the old (good) fashion overclock way. :-P

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

We have been discussing several topics together on multiple threads tonight mark lmao.

Auto OC is a great feature for a number of people because I know many who will never touch manual overclocking with a 10 foot pole. Then there are people like me, if I can OC it I will.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes i agree fully with you.

It's just...you know, overclocking goes always the old fashion way. :-P

However, for those who doesn't want or aren't comfortable for the above, Precision Boost 2 makes it up for them.

And to be honest, a Ryzen CPU was always a "bad" Overclocker.

So, it doesn't matter if a Ryzen 2 runs at 3.975GHz or 4.175GHz.

200Mhz more or less wouldn't save the day.

Besides, you are "doomed" anyway regardless if you use an Ryzen 2 at 4.0GHz or an i7-8700K at 5.0Hz, if your GPU can't keep up.

Fact is, neither of those above processors if combined with an GTX 1050, would give you a gaming experience to write about. lol

And if you raise the processing power of the GPU and get a GTX 1070 for example, all two processors will give you a great gaming experience with the one or the other way. ;)

And i can't really imagine someone, that aren't satisfied with the stock performance of an i7-8700K or even a Ryzen 2700X. ツ

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube