add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SethWils1231
  • 25 months ago

I'm going to put a 980 ti in my next build and I was wondering if 550 watts will be enough. It says 600 is recommended but I really don't want to buy another psu.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I assume you're using a stock, reference 980Ti, since you didn't specify otherwise. It can consume 240W at peak in games, so you can power the card with a good 300W power supply.

What PSU are you going to use to power all the rest of the computer, though? That's also important. It's also better to use one PSU for the whole build, rather than one for just the graphics and one for the rest.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I was planning on using 550 watts for the whole pc. This is my first build so I don't know too muck about power supplies.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Too much*

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, for the whole PC.

To determine the power consumption of the whole PC, we need to know the parts of the whole PC.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

you're fine with a 550 no worries.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx

[comment deleted]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a cooler master masterwatt 550

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube