add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
EbolaChan

22 months ago

I am thinking about selling stuff, how do you guys do it? do you put it on ebay for someone? or do you use paypal?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

When selling I will first post what I'm selling followed by acceptable forms of payment. It's always good to add timestamped photos to the listing. I, personally, only use PayPal (not friend and family) for my transactions. Then, when an interested party asks about them we come to an agreement on price. Once this is done, I send them an invoice through PayPal to their PayPal email. All they need to provide to you is the PayPal email. Then, once they receive and pay for the invoice I will notify them of a receipt of payment. Then, I package the said item and mail it via the agreed upon carrier to either their PayPal address or another specified address. Once I receive a tracking number I forward it to the buyer so they can track their shipment. Once the item is received the buyer generally tests the item and then posts under the original listing that it was bought by them (which is then confirmed by the seller).

If, at any time, the seller fails to live up to their agreement a refund request and a dispute can be filed with Paypal. This protects both the buyer and the seller.

This is the format I use when selling items on here or on /hardwareswap.

(I still haven't put timestamped photos on my last listing - I'm horrible).

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it computer parts? If so you can just list on here. I would use PayPal as it helps ensure the buyer doesn't get cheated.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

do NOT use ebay... they charge you a percentage of each sale. If you need to list parts you can do it here (as mentioned above), reddit/hardwareswap, google search for computer/pc forums, etc. Then you can use paypal to exchange funds. They protect both buyer and seller the same way ebay does.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Ebay is fine if you aren't selling much...Approximately $15 / $250 + PayPals ~$12 / $250 = ~$27 fees total.

Not really all that bad.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube