• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TypicalNevin 13 months ago

I'm looking on switching antiviruses because Avast is a bit difficult with false positives (i have the free version) and I was wondering if I should switch to Kaspersky premium or upgrade Avast. I download a lot of things which are false positives like game cheats so I was wondering which one would be better. (I also use Malwarebytes free for scanning)

Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

GeneticParadox 1 Build 1 point 13 months ago

Kapersky or eset those are my favorites personally eset works amazing for gamers.

Captaincow285 1 point 13 months ago

Kapersky would ID those as false positives as well, because the algorithm for all even incompetent anti-viruses looks for certificates. If they see something with code for installing something malicious in the Windows Registry (which both malware and cheats do). Cheats just utilize their power a different way, but the Anti-virus can't tell.

If an antivirus isn't throwing up false positives, it's not working.

MarkoPT 1 Build 1 point 13 months ago

Kaspersky is the way to go. I sometimes download trainers and it has only given me a false positive once.

culligantech 1 point 13 months ago

I recommend Emsisoft an alternative to both of those programs. Kapersky has had some privacy issues as of late, not sure I would trust them with access to my device.