add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Get yourself a proper PSU

OrionFOTL

23 months ago

Why should you shell out dough for Supernovas and RMixes when you can get this for $32.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3450W-ATX-12V-Mining-Power-Supply-For-12-GPU-ETH-BTC-Rig-Ethereum-Coin-Miner-LOT/122874341439

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

That's the sketchiest thing I've seen in at least the past hour.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

booooooom

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Its $32 if you select the PCIe riser card in the drop down. The PSU itself is $285. Proper price won't show until you select the PSU in the dropdown.

Looks like the list the advert that way until you select the dropdown to make it appear the PSU is $32 (default image) to get people enticed.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

For 120V AC input I believe the PSU can only draw 1800w. That means (if efficiency is 90%) 1620w delivery.

Wall outlets usually have a 15A breaker circuit, meaning if voltage is 120V, that's 1800w delivery at most (120 * 15). For 230V it's 3450w.

There's a table on this photo, I believe showing the maximum wattage for 120V (top row), and ~230V (bottom row) for various PSUs.

Unless this PSU only accepts ~230V input.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube