add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about PSU and sleeved cables.

Grimsystem

24 months ago

So I am new to PC building and I am putting together a new build and I wanted to buy a pack of sleeved cables from Corsair. When I first thought about doing this I didnt do a whole lot of research into it because I figured if its a Corsair PSU and Corsair cables they would work fine together but I was talking with one of my buddies and he told me about working on some computers that needed upgraded PSUs and when he installed them he used the old cables of the old PSU and when he powered the system on he ended up frying the hard drives.

Before I start building and before I order the pack of sleeved cables I just wanted to know if they were compatible and wouldnt fry any of my parts.

The PSU I am using is a CORSAIR RMx Series RM850X https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139141

And the cables I want to use are these https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812304056

If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

That can definitely happen, not all PSU's have the same pinout, Using the wrong cable could mean sending 12V or whatever to where ground was supposed to go which will end toasting whatever was attached to it.

On the Newegg page it says under the spces

Corsair PSU Compatibility: RMi series, RMx series, SF Series, Corsair Type 4 PSU.

So yes, it is compatible with your PSU.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube