add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do I know if my power supply is working.

Rynat

24 months ago

I recently bought the parts to make my first computer and after putting it all together and connecting everything, nothing is starting. I believe everything is plugged in correctly but when I hit the power nothing happens. A co-worker mentioned my power supply may not be working and I was wondering if there is a way for me to check it separately. Any alternative thoughts would be great. Here is my build below.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bVpN3F

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Make a photo of the inside of the case, to check if every needed cable is inserted properly. Did you flip the switch on the back of the power supply?

On a side note, that's a very low end PSU to use in a computer like this.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I made sure to have that on. Going to have someone test the psu and cords tomorrow because from what I can tell, there is no power getting to the motherboard at all.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube