add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
dardantofaj

24 months ago

I'm planning to build a new system but I'm still hesitating on the PSU, should I be going with 550W or 650W? (I'll be purchasing the EVGA Supernova G3)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 GPU: GTX 1060 GB

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

550w would have no issue with that system even overclocked and if you decide to put in a higher end GPU like GTX 1080 down the line overclocked

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd be more concerned with price than wattage for this decision. I've seen higher wattage models sell for less than lower wattage models of the same series due to sales. Either will do just fine for your build.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Even with a 450 watts psu, you could overclock everything to the max and it would be perfectly fine. The 550 would make more sense unless you are getting the 650 cheaper...

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your replies !

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube