add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I picked this up on black friday. 750wGQ Semi Modular.

JH95

24 months ago

I picked this up for £67 before stock went, I've not opened it yet so just looking for honest opinions on whether or not its worth the "upgrade". I'm not that happy with my current Corsair CSM550w.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Not really an upgrade. They are both 80+ Gold units with DC-DC converters, some minor ripple problems and mediocre build quality. Hard to name any advantage one may have over another.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

My initial logic was more room for overclocking on the 750w, better warranty and better brand for the same price. Was just gonna sell my 550w and won't have lost any money as I got the EVGA cheaper than its normal price.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

With your only save part list wattage isn't a issue for overclocking, you would be lucky to use more than ~300W with overclocking, and brand generally means nothing when it comes to PSU's. If you want a real upgrade I would return the GQ and pick up a Seasonic Focus instead.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/bkp323/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Wouldn't it make sense on a value for money front alone? The gq cost me the same as my saved part parts list psu, it's higher wattage and longer warranty? I've got the full 30 days to decide, impulse buy but don't want to return it and regret it.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I think there are better options for the money, especially if you find sales. For example, this unit costs a similar price but is from a decently reviewed series.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The GQ makes zero sense to get when it comes to value. It was really a side grade, similar performance and build quality, and you didn't need the extra wattage at all. The one upgrade was the warranty. Seasonic Focus has better performance, build quality, and it has a warranty that is twice as long.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the input, it's getting returned.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube