add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA G2 alternative

Popumosh

24 months ago

Could anyone recommend an alternative to the EVGA 650W G2 PSU? As its currently out of stock or overpriced and i'm sort of in a rush with this build.

Cheers!

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I vote focus. I just got it for my new build I'm planing on sale for 70$.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

evga g3 650 watt for 85 at newegg

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot for the advice, i'm going with the G3!

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Go with G3. Best PSU in its price range.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

G3 it is!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Just out of interest, how does the Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold compare to other CPU's of it's price range (G2, G3, RMx, TXM etc...)

I understand that the difference between each one is negligible and they are all incredibly reliable but which one is the absolute best. From what I've seen the ripple control of the Seasonic unit is best out of all of them so I assumed that would be the best performer but am I missing something?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say the G3 personally. But the best of the best is the SeaSonic PRIME. Pricey, though.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What's makes the G3 more appealing than its competitors?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s smaller, voltage regulation comparable to the SeaSonic Prime, epic ripple suppression, superb build quality, all rails are excellent. I think it almost clears Platinum Efficiency on some tests.

Only notable flaw is that it fails the hold-up time test, but that’s nothing too major.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube