add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any recommendations or is this good for new games 2016 + with high graphics

tacosavior321

26 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tacosavior321/saved/jtM4CJ I tried making this rig myself wanted a final opinion before I purchased anything , is this what I’d need to be able to run any games going forward ? For example on canirunit.com I can run the bare minimum for some games like the Witcher but I can’t run fallout 4 at all and games like that are the main things I’m hoping this thing can do,I’m looking for something In the current price range , I’m willing to bend on some stuff hoping to spend under $1k for it all the parts with no price on it are parts I’m swapping out from my current build (pre built ) this would be my first set up I really liked this case an was hoping to keep it or get something similar in shape and appearance ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! Ps: amd or intel? I’m a noob in pretty much every aspect of this (hopefully not for long) which of the two would work best ?

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for the quick response and i will most likely go with your parts for the build i just want to run some things by you and if you could answer them it would be great.! 1)is it possible to reuse the ssd i have on my current build(128gb samsung ssd) i had a 1 tb attached as well but it died last month so i was just going to reuse the ssd if possible( i dont care if i have to wipe it i have nothing important on it 2) if i decided to upgrade the gpu from the 1060 to lets say the gtx 1070 ftw or the gtx 1080 ti would i run into any compatibilty issues or is it a plug in and go kinda situation? 3)as for the xfx psu i didnt know i had some unheard of psu its ran fine for me for about 2 years till today so im kinda on the fence about it but ill go for the most experienced opinion Thanks!

• 26 months ago
  • 2 points

That XFX unit should be fine for your set up, it is a seasonic design and Johnnyguru gave it 8/10 (here http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=181). XFX tend to use Seasonic as the designer and in a majority of cases this is a good partnership. Yes you can drop in a GTX 1070 or even 1080ti and have no issues, you have plenty of wattage overhead and a reliable PSU for your uses, plus reuse the SSD, just format it in the windows install pages.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

so im just about set to order everything i need so to triple check when im all set up and ready to go i should be able to play those kind of games in my description no problem? dont want something too expensive just better than i currently have

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

my resolution for my monior is 2560x1080 it is a lg ultra wide monitor refresh rate is 60 hertz

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

for the gpu i was thinking dual fan for the ventilation but i have never had a single fan gpu so idk how it would perform, also as an aesthetic choice i wanted a gpu where i can change the rgb considering i want to decorate the inside of the case and make it kind of flashy

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

also i keep getting mixed reviews toward amd and intel cpus which changes everything since i cant swap out cpu's on any motherboard any opinons toward the two? also i glossed over the cpu liquid cooler i can swap those out between boards right? im aware i need to reapply thermal paste to regular cpu coolers wasnt sure about water cooled

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

i think my last comment was deleted but newegg had a combo deal for a case ,psu, and mobo inlcuded in this list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NWfqcc and i went ahead with a gtx 1070 as well i think this came out rather well would i be fine to run everything like i wanted?

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

How did the x299 motherboard creep in there ;-)

To be honest you existing PSU is better than the Rosewill Glacier, it is an Andyson unit with poor voltage regulation, probably why they were selling as a combo deal. Taichi Mother board is very good and case looks aesthetically pleasing.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Well best case scenario I’ll have keep one psu as my back up just in case (knowing my luck)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube