add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is this a good build for any new 2017 games on high graphics? wanted to confirm before i bought parts :(

tacosavior321
  • 27 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Wrbqk

this is my first build i made im trying to upgrade from my current pre built pc ( the parts that have no price are the ones I was going to swap out of my current build and reuse )and want something i can play any new games that should come out within the next year or so im hoping , i can run overwatch and some aaa games currently but not games i want like the( witcher 3 )or( gta)or (fallout 4)i prefer it on pc than console . is any of what i have good for what im looking for? any quick responses would be great im trying to get in on the newegg black Friday deals before they end! my pc building is novice at best so i tried lol Thanks!

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good man should be good at running most games at decent settings without an issue.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Replaced the i5-7600K with the i3-8350K for more room to upgrade (also performs better). The motherboard to a cheaper, Coffee Lake Z370 one, the memory to one 8 GB stick so that you can upgrade in the future, added an SSD for faster boot times, the current graphics card to a cheaper and higher base clock one, and the case to a simplistic, non-showy one that is cheaper as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i3-8350K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $189.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair - H80 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler -
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z370 HD3 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $111.49 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $83.49 @ Adorama
Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $54.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - FireCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $99.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card $279.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply XFX - 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $869.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-19 04:30 EST-0500
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I appreciate the parts you posted I was kinda set on the case because of the usb and the tempered glass I was going for showy for sure , as for the gpu and motherboard I need something that I can do an rgb fan and run games like the Witcher on high to ultra graphics and the motherboard be able to support at the very least a light strip So I can decorate the case hence why I wanted to go showy , it’s not 100% a budget build but I’m willing to pay a bit more for some good parts

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I can appreciate that. Here you go -- a black (for the most part) build with a sexy black, RGB motherboard. Fully black GTX 1060, around $1030. Pure aesthetics.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i3-8350K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $190.98 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Corsair - H80 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler -
Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $188.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $96.99 @ Newegg
Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $54.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - FireCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $99.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB ROG STRIX Video Card $308.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply XFX - 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1030.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-19 14:11 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube