add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Whats the best way to transfer Win7 64 & everything on my SSD to a bigger SSD?

losse
  • 77 months ago

I do not want to reinstall windows. Id rather just not even upgrade if this is not possible.

I found several web pages explaining spindle drive to SSD but cant find any good ones for SSD to SSD.

I tried clonezilla but thats just a backup copy I guess cause it wont boot up.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

why not just keep the ssd with the os and just start filling up the other ssd with other stuff? more storage that way and you dont have to worry about transfering.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Because the new SSD is faster and I want to use the old one for my new HTPC build. Also I have been running out of room on my 120 (to many game saves that I want to keep ;) ) so wanted to use the 480 as the C drive so I dont have to keep deleting stuff (lazy/dont really want to delete it).

Here is what I stumbled through and it worked out great in the end.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3221222

I kind of left out some of that info initially...

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Use your preferred cloning software. Exact process varies depending on software. PCMag

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube