add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

LED lights help please!

Coolpick

28 months ago

I'm trying to find some rgb lights (atleast like 12 inches or 24 in a two pack or something) to put inside of my PC case, and I would rather to just plug it into the power supply with a remote instead of into a header into my motherboard.. Not sure if I can, that's all. I'm using the ASUS Prime x370 board. Also must be under $25. haaaalp I've been looking for a while and I can't find much...

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually ordered and cancelled those first ones, leading me here because of the bad reviews that I saw on those... Thing is, I have the phanteks p400s case, and it came with LEDs but when I put them in the motherboard they didn't work at all, so we took them out... Not sure where those are now, so I'm deciding to buy some news ones... you sure the supernight or the etopxizu can go on my motherboard or power supply? ASUS Prime x370 and evga g3 650w :p

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the first one is power via molex and then you control via remote aimed at the IR receiver on that little box. It will simply plug into a molex chain.

first review with 4 stars is about to be expected. LED 5050 Strips are such simple device's so the guys with problem's would be those in which the connector is loose, not properly inserted, strip cut improperly somewhere and genuine issues with control box. Really so little can go wrong with these things.

The second super night strips are just that, strips. I have seen odd colour tone's when you cut them and use connects to re hook them up which is the issue. As a single long strip connected to the control box, it should be fine.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok sorry I'm bad with computers... so for the etopxizu ones, the led strip connects into the wire in the little receiver box, the receiver box also connects to the motherboard rgb headers and the power supply? Where can I put that little box? Seems too big to fit in the back, and I don't want it to stick out in the front.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

No the receiver box connects into the power supply via molex and you control it via the remote. Your motherboard is not involved and I was basing on this comment in OP:

I would rather to just plug it into the power supply with a remote instead of into a header into my motherboard

The wireless reciever box has a small cable leading into a IR header. You could have the IR header poking out slightly through say the holes in your PSU shroud and box hidden from sight and then control via remote by pointing at said IR receiver.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohh ok... So the receiver box can be under the shroud next to the psu, connected to the psu? Then would the cable from the receiver to the lights be long enough if I wanted my LEDs up at the top or the sides? I'm gonna feel like an idiot because I know I'm missing something but I keep reading what you're saying and I can't find it out xD

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Also the supernight ones have meh reviews... some saying that the quality is bad and the lights have different tones of color throughout the strip.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube