add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How will the new Kaveri CPU be better or worse than a A10-6800k?

losse
  • 77 months ago

Thanks

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, it will definitely be better. It can apparently run BF4 on medium settings at 1080p with playable framerates, which is no slouch. How? You can just compare the specs.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

It also has more steam processors.

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

I will only add that right now the 6800K beats the 7850 in single-threaded tasks due to its higher core frequency. I expect that advantage to completely disappear as the technologies involved in Kaveri begin to really come into their own, and as people begin to optimize their overclocking options for the 7850.

• 77 months ago
  • -2 points

amd lied about that watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPdLn_YGEaY

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

FPS drops when recording, especially for APUs. I got 45-50 FPS on low settings with my 5800k, drops to 25-30 when recording.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry I didn't realize that

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 77 months ago
  • 2 points

Those bench results are fake. The Cinebench scores give it away.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting, thanks for the vid link.

Well, I guess at a minimum I can thanks Kaveri for my cheap slightly used A10-6800k at a good price ;)

Doubt I will ever update to a Kaveri but nice to have the option.

Will there be even more CPUs coming out for the FM2+ socket besides these 2 Kaveri?

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Amd has already plans for 2015. Their new APU codename: Carrizo. AMD tries to merge every CPU down to FM2+ I am unsure and this is speculations but they stopped talking about their FX series CPU. Maybe because they want to promote their APU and keep the old FX on sale as long as they can. I think non APU CPUs will come down to FM2+ also. This could be interesting. You could basically buy a computer once and upgrade all the time your CPU and GPU without worrying about the rest well unless those other parts fails of course.

Just google AMD roadmap and click on news. You should be quite updated that way. I just can't wait for AMD's Catalyst update 13.35/14.1(depending on how they name it if it's YY.UU or just increases) it should bring Good stuff like DUAL GRAPHICS! So if you want an upgrade buy a GPU it will now make sense. Adding a GPU at this time with an APU will increase your FPS but the latency will be higher so the frametime will drop badly resulting in choppy display anyway defeating the purpose of adding a GPU in. Now it should look smooth. Mantle support, Mantle frame pacing, HSA and TrueAudio.

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

yes

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting, thanks mattataki.

That would be best for AMD if they can continue to pump out improved FM2/FM2+ socket CPUs because like you said it would be so much easier to upgrade if you dont have to buy a new MOBO every freaking time.

More upgrades = more money for AMD so it makes sense if they can pull it off. But at the same time I don't know if that means they are semi stagnant as far as new innovating speeds/options.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube