add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Moving 3 HDs to a new mobo.

losse

71 months ago

I have a 1tb boot drive and 2 - 3tb data drives in a PC.

I am installing a new mobo.

I was gonna plug them in and see what happened. If I do that, should I just start with the 1tb boot drive first? Or just throw them all on the board from the start?

I do not use raid and never will.

Or is this all a bad idea?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Doesn't really matter what you do. You can put all of them in or just the boot drive.

Personally I would put them in one at a time so that I can label each drive with the SATA port that it's connected to. That way if a drive ever fails I know which port it needs to be unplugged from.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube