add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

top newegg canada psu for 24/7 usage on for 365 days a year

harjnijh

22 months ago

hey im building a computer for my work place, psu is what seems to matter the most. computer wll never be oc'd or stress tested or anything. its just going to be on 365 days a year 24/7 and will be used alot for 8 hours a day(light usage) and mostly standby/more light usage. the computer needs to stay on all the time cuz our phone calls get logged into the computer.

whats the best 400w psu i can get for good reliaiblity and longetity. power bill doesnt matter cuz its a big company they wont notice the diff.

they say corsair cx and vs are low quality but the expensive ones are good.

what do u think of this one?

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074 SeaSonic S12II 430B 430W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

is this the best i can do from newegg canada with best price?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

That SeaSonic should be fine, but the platform is a bit old overall.

Both of these two are on a newer platform with good reliability for similar pricing: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/Q7L7YJ,XxvZxr/

I do want to note that the 2017 revision of the CX series is much better than the old CX series that always gets the bad rap.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

would u rather pick the 2017 cx? or spend a little more and get something better? if you were in my shoes. i was gonna get the cx 2017 but then i saw a bad review ahah "Cons: low quality components Loud intermittent high pitched squealing sounds Don't get it if you OC

Other Thoughts: I was fooled by all the good reviews, but perhaps my expectations were too great for this power supply - but I would say not really because I have had other PSUs in the same price range with better performance. I have an 8320e OC'ed to 4.4-4.7 gHZ depending on how I extreme I want to go. I had downgraded from a RM 550x to this PSU because the RM is going into a new build. Well from a really nasty loud electromagnetic high frequency sound which start reverberating throughout the case, to a host of crashes, to PC randomly shutting of this thing caused a lot of problems. I'm guessing somehow related to the Digi-VRM settings and extreme OC. This is just a very cheaply made PSU. It is a shame because the RM series from Corsair and it's night and day compared to this PSU. This PSU is just really trashy. I had better luck with Thermaltake in this price range. Just save up and get something better unless you really can't afford it or aren't into overclocking and are just trying to make a simple rig,, and you don't care about how loud the computer gets."

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube