add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rosewill Glacier 500w

Ice44

22 months ago

Is it a good PSU?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

It's an older unit but I'd trust it more than an unreviewed Rosewill. It's also fully modular, which is a plus. After rebate it comes out similar to the Rosewill Glaciers.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/DPCwrH/seasonic-power-supply-ssr550rm

I've seen this unit go on sale for much less sometimes. Decent enough unit and if you can get it on sale it is a great value.

Otherwise you are stuck with the sketchy PSU (not recommended at all!) or waiting on a sale on the CXMs.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks so much :D

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You are welcome. Good luck in your search!

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

What's your budget for a power supply? That would help us determine a good one for you.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

cheap

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

lol dont go cheap on psu, its the heart of your pc. you wouldnt want to get a cheap engine for your car would you? (i.e. ferrari body with a geo metro engine)

spend a little more for a quality psu, especially one with a moderate to long warranty. Seasonic FXplus series is resonably priced, with 10 yr warranty as does Corsair's RM series.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Ironically cheap could equal expensive. PSU's are not made equal. A bad one could cause stability issues, lack safety protections, damage parts, or even kill parts outright if its bad enough.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah thanks for the help

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

There's never been a good Rosewill PSU. Only meh and bad ones. The Glacier should do okay, but if alternative options are available to you, like a Corsair Grey Lable CXM, G2, G3, BQ or anything Seasonic, then I'd go for those.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

There's never been a good Rosewill PSU. Only meh and bad ones.

Wat. The Capstone was good since it was the same platform as the Evga B2, there is the Lighting, Quark, Tachyon, Fortress, and the slientnight.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting. I've never heard of any of those PSUs. I stand corrected.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

ah okay. Problem is in canada (where i live) all the corsair cxm psus are like 60+ dollars for a 430w psu. So I was looking for a cheaper alternative

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

the thing is that the build is for my friend and he has an extremely tight budget and its almost impossible to fit the CXM in. I wanted aa semi modular PSU because he chose the bitfenix nova which dosen't have the best cable management options

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If the prices are better, the M12II 520W is a little bit worse in quality than the CX450M while having the same wattage on the 12V rail (only rail that matters basically), it's also fully modular.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thx

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

its the same price but i would take the full modular

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

agreed, also the m12II fan actually gets really loud under heavy load.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube