add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there a way to backup a lot of data but only data that has changed?

losse

71 months ago

I have a 3tb HD that I add small amounts of data too over time but I have a lot of data. Its to much to upload to a cloud so I copy it onto an external HD once a month or so. But when I do that I just copy the whole drive because some of the directory names change in addition to the data.

Is there a way or software that will allow me to just copy over the changed data only, including changed file names, changed directory names, on top of brand new data? I dont keep the external connect to power or the pc when done copying so it wont get hit by lightning or a surge. Well unless it comes through the roof LOL.

I have win7 64

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Could a HDD docking station do that? I know a docking station with clone function, really attractive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube