add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My power supply isnt showing

Joemoney90

22 months ago

I cant see my power supply i am planning on buying when i look it up, just want to make sure its compatable. I wouldnt know because im new to this stuff. If anyone can help please let me know. BUILD: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Joemoney90/saved/sK2pgs

PSU: Part of this bundle https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3578615

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

That PSU is extremely new, and is very tough to find anything on outside of unverified Korean reviews...

Theoretically, it should work with the build, but there's no telling on the quality of the power supply. It could be fine, it could be horrible. I'd expect that it's toward the less mediocre end of quality, since it's part of a bundle like that. In fact, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's the exact same platform as the EVGA 500w supplies (which aren't all that great) or the FSP Berzerker. They are all in that 'strictly alright' category, so I suggest upgrading the PSU next time you make an upgrade to the build, or 5 years (whichever comes first). It should be fine for at least that.

Also, I'd be surprised if that bundle is even available/in stock. All the 580s are basically out of stock everywhere, and they are impossible to find at such a price. Clicking on the GPU component of the bundle takes it to the Newegg page for the out of stock 580.

• 22 months ago
  • 4 points

Playwares reviews are legit, and it seems to have good performance. But it's still group regulated and doesn't use good capacitors or fan, so I'd pick something better for a $850 PC... It's not FSP, HEC or CWT by the way.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I didnt think about that i just figured since the bundle didnt say it was out of stock that meant it was in stock. The main reason i picked thw bundle is because it gave a good gpu for a non inflated price and it was in stock

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube