add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
bkumar59

22 months ago

I have a Dell Optiplex 3010 (i3) small factor form pc and i wanted to upgrade the PSU. Im looking for around 350-450 watts. What would be the best product to buy?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Well since it's the sff you'll need a tfx power supply from what I can see.

This is what it looks like

I looked at some stuff dell provides, and ventilation is going to be an issue

If you were planning on putting a low wattage gpu in there like a gtx 1050 or RX 460, the power supply can supply 204w on the 12v rail. The CPU and GPU(if you get a 1050 or similar gpu0 will pull 65 watts and 75 watts respectively, so you would still have leftover room.

By looking at the product dimensions listed in amazon, I'm pretty sure that any of these should work. Not 100% positive though. The only concern would be cooling.

• 22 months ago
  • 0 points

For low wattage psus, I usually go with this: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HvTmP6/evga-power-supply-100w10430kr, just wondering... what are you upgrading your psu for?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube