add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Put the PC into sleep mode overnight, woke it back up and audio isn't working at all. HELP!

Coolpick

30 months ago

As the title says, yesterday audio was working fine. Now, I've tried to connect headphones, earbuds, and speakers, and they all won't output any sound from YouTube or any other website. Realtek recognizes the headphones and speakers, but there's no sound coming out of either one.

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

Happened to me recently after a Windows update installed a Realtek driver. I uninstalled the driver and everything went back to normal.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

THIS.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Dunno if it was unique to my system - I run an AMD A10-7870k on an Asrock A88M board w/ integrated audio. It just looked like the driver was wrong for my setup & Windows made a bit of a mistake w/ the update.

Could be that Realtek driver is right for others. My Ubuntu partition was putting out audio, though, so I knew that the problem had to be Windows & not hardware.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. DONT PANIC! :D
  2. Restart the entire system.
  3. Replug in your speakers.
  4. Check the volume on your PC, (bottom right hand corner normally) and makes sure it isn't muted.
  5. Check the volume on the media your playing, is the volume muted there?
  6. Check the volume on your speakers and headphones to ensure they aren't muted.
  7. Check your devices drivers to ensure they are up to date.
  8. Try a different pair of headphones or speakers.
  9. If all of this has been done, you most likely have a hardware issue with your system like a short in your motherboard or IO.

This is what I would do to start with.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. k lel
  2. Already did that.
  3. Done that already
  4. Already done...
  5. Did that too...
  6. Did that aswell.
  7. Don't know how to do that, explain?
  8. Done that.
  9. Well idk.
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't just run straight to the forums, went through lots of troubleshooting and such, though I don't know how to do that drivers thing. Explain lel.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you download any audio manipulating software? I once ran into this issue because I downloaded razer surround. Sound went back to normal after uninstalling it, so that may be the problem

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I went to device manager and the drivers for realtek, says it's up to date.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone else, any tips or help here? My guess is its a hardware issue. No clue where to go from here.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, forgot about this post, all I had to do was go to the sound icon the in bottom right corner of the screen, and change where it outputs to. lel.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube