add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

More Battlefront 2

johngerges582
  • 35 months ago

EA dropped a new gameplay trailer showing off the Clone Wars era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

There was also footage from E3 showing off the Theed map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnPUAb7cOo

I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

What are your thoughts on the game?

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

In overall thoughts, I get more excited when I see things with more gameplay. Learn quick not to get sucked into a game based on that cinema strategy: watch this, and then read the comments and you will see my point :)

I could not get into the new one. Battlefront 1 was fantastic and Battlefront 2 expanded upon it great as well. The new battlefront just stunk compared to the former glory where you could have your own local splitscreen ground/space battles, tons of map varieties, campaigns, galactic war, and variety of roles for troops. I played it once on bro's PS4 and bleck! He has barely touched it either. If you came from the generation with the first two, you would appreciate how empty and lacking the new one is and I highly doubt EA has wisdom to bring any great traits of those games over to the next sequel (but now they can circle jerk with the new trilogy now and pull in that generation).

(Granted my example is an extreme but it just goes to show that anyone can present anything how the heck they want. You will be stuck with what you "thought" they promised and just end up spending $$$ for something you bought as an idea of empty promises and lacks function. Just hard facts :D )

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

There are tons of gameplay videos out now. Also lots of write ups about how the mechanics have changed from 2015.

I came from the previous Battlefronts. Liked the 2015 one as well. This one looks like the best of both worlds.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

gork already said it pretty much, but after watching almost 2 collective hours of gameplay, I genuinely think it looks like a good game.

If you came from the generation with the first two, you would appreciate how empty and lacking the new one is and I highly doubt EA has wisdom to bring any great traits of those games over to the next sequel

Actually most of the stuff you listed is actually in the game. Space battles, a campaign, classes, etc. And free DLC's. Unlike most, I didn't hate the 2015 battlefront. I just felt like it lacked content from the beginning and by the time a lot more stuff was added it was too late imo.

But with all things, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

^

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube