add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help choosing a new headset

a_random_ai
  • 34 months ago

Hi all,

So after a couple of years, my pair of Astro A40's have served me well, but I feel like it is time for an upgrade. They are comfortable, but they could be more so, and they also don't have mod kit compatibility. I was looking at the Turtle Beach Elite Pro and the Asus RoG Centurion 7.1. Which one is better for marathon gaming in an MMO (SW:TOR in a VoIP program)? Comfort is most important, and then mic and sound quality. Durability is also fairly important, seeing as I don't want to have to get another one for at least 2-3 years, and the longer the better. I personally like the look of the two, but if there are any other similar headsets, I'm open to suggestions

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Sennheiser Game Ones, use them with your Mixamp

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

The A40's I got didn't come with a mixamp, and also I'm not a huge fan of fabric ear cups

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, well I can't fix that but they are extremely comfortable, have one of the best mics on a headset I have ever seen and sound quality is amazing as they are HD 558's with a mic attached.

You don't need to run them through an amp, I don't currently but will be soon.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube