add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My computer won't register samsung SSD in the "computer folder" but it will in device manager, how can I use it and add it?

Leotech

72 months ago

Pretty much the title above. Here's a image. https://www.dropbox.com/s/56bmq76nviy4xaf/Windows%20image.JPG The drive is a 840 Pro 256GB. Can anyone help?

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

If the Samsung 840 Pro is a band new drive, before you can use it in any Windows operating system, you need to go to Disk Management and initialize it. All the new SSDs and hard drives are sold with no file system. Tutorial/link click HERE

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The tutorial was really helpful. Thanks

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome. Reminder, the Samsung SSD currently has version 4.3 of the Magician Software available for download.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

If you go into Disk Management (option after right-clicking the Start menu), can you see the disk in there?

If so, right click and select "Change Drive Letters and Paths". Assign a letter other than C.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks its formatting as I speak. I totally forgotten about that part, I haven't done it in a long time. Thanks very much.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube