add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for an I/O board for an ASUS G60VX

ICYLegends

35 months ago

So, I obtained my laptop as many others do, from a scrapyard (or is that cars...? Anyway), I've put days of work into modifying and upgrading the hardware, and working with the software. However, one of the main pieces it came with? Obviously someone got angry and ripped two of the USB ports out of their sockets (Yeesh, makes me think of teeth being pulled...). Unfortunately, in its current state only one piece works, and that's the headphone jack. The remainder of the I/O board is scrap. Two USB ports, a microphone port, and another port have all been destroyed... So, obviously, I'm looking to find a replacement at a reasonable price. This computer is my baby, and I want to finally make her whole again. So, any help would be appreciated. She's an ASUS, G60VX, with a blue case that says "Republic of Gamers."

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't happen to find a donor for an io board and the pcb itself isn't damaged you can always attempt to fix it yourself with the help of a soldering iorn. you can easily find packs of usb ports on amazon for pretty cheap.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I have no experience with soldering irons; although, I'd love to learn to use one. Unfortunately, it's also missing the ribbon connecting it to the motherboard. Regardless, I will need to buy the ribbon, or clean my work space... So, I will need to buy a ribbon.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube