add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How did someone do this?

Growliff1234

32 months ago

Prepare to cringe... http://www.ebay.com/itm/intel-i5-4460-BROKEN-CPU-/282405327871?hash=item41c0ab53ff:g:dGMAAOSwax5Ypx~Y

I feel like someone put a complete tube of thermal paste on the CPU then tried to put a cooler on.

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 3 points

The 75$ price tag is the best joke I've seen all day, aside from someone who had Internet shortcuts on a USB thumb drive.

[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Best of all, one was a shortcut to Rick Astly's "Never Gonna Give You Up".

[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

jeez some people are just not that smart. And $75? you'd have to be really stupid to buy that.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Also why would you sell a supposedly broken CPU on ebay?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

stuff like this sells all the time, and at ridiculous prices. I've sold a number of broken or untested potentially broken stuff on ebay over the years.

Never understood it and frankly my wallet didn't care.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

The best part, they want to add 10 dollars for shipping

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

I like how it's mayo

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard it helps with voltage control :P

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

wait, you aren't supposed to glue down your CPU?

[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

If it was 20 dollars I would debate on buying it, simply because it is so funny.

[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 0 points

I saved a cpu that I had touched the bottom pads with my fingers

Touching the contact pads on a CPU won't do anything to it lol

Hell I've put AMD CPUs down on a surface with the pins and people go absolutely nuts, like it's not going to crush itself lol

[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 2 points

Remeber to always install the CPU with a hammer for safe measure

Lol no problem :P

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube