add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HDD Data connecter missing? (help?)

Dudaduda

72 months ago

This is my first time making a pc, and right now i'm putting it all together. I'm looking at it though and i see that i'm missing (or at least i think i am) The data connector for the HDD.

It is my understanding that you need to connect the power and the data cable to the HDD, the power cables came with the PSU but when i bought the HDD i only got the drive itself and no cords. Is this a normal thing? Do i buy it separately?

This was my purchase: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

It's pretty common for the hard drive to not come with a SATA cable. If you need to purchase one they aren't terribly expensive. However, if you also purchased a motherboard, they typically include at least one or two SATA cables.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a bunch i looked back at my motherboard and found the cables

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube