add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Clothing style

G_I_L

34 months ago

I always feel the urge to get involved in the main debate of the comment section on YouTube. THIS TIME, I watched a video about old and new clothing styles, and how the people in the video went back to their old clothing style, uncomfortable as heck.

That's when the question arose.. Do I care?

Answer: Yes, a lot.

THEN ANOTHER QUESTION AROSE.. Do OTHER PEOPLE care? So, here goes: Do you care about your appearances? Maybe if you do, describe what you like to wear. Some outfits?

My style right now is "as good as it gets", that's because I'm in the middle of a thing called: "my parents are frowning down upon me for wanting to dress in a way that is not feminine but more like androgynous/masculine and I'm female so I feel like they hate me" (I'm good at making short, catchy titles, by the way). What I aim for, though, is just to dress masculinely and sometimes androgynously, I suppose that's what it is with unisex clothes, aye? ANyway. THAT.

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

dress in a way that is not feminine but more like androgynous/masculine and I'm female

I always found skirts to be useless and impractical. I dont get jeans either.

I dress for the occasion, tshirt and shorts at home, uniform for school, formal for special occasion and whatever for church and outside. I dont shop by brand and have no discernable trend with my clothes.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't shop by brand either. I like the look of jeans, skirts on other girls (sometimes).

Right now, I don't really dress for the occasion since formal wear for girls is typically a dress, and nope, not happening. Jeans and a somewhat decent looking t-shirt, flannel sometimes.

My school's got no uniform, don't think any school here has.

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm really into loose-fitting and dark clothing, but it's gotta keep me warm too.

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

haha and it fits you well lol +1

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

lol it's gonna be all the rage this year just you wait

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

loose-fitting and dark clothing

Aye, aye, I do too. Maybe not.. that.. but yeah.

but it's gotta keep me warm too

This is why I don't go all trendy with tees at -8 Celcius. Idk why that's even a thing.

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

Red shorts with sandals and white socks. And Buttoned up squared shirt and tie. To finish it some black sun glasses.

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

Styling dude, I hope you're not being sarcastic honestly

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I care somewhat. I don't want to look like a complete slob, whether or not I am one ay given day. I generally wear a derivative of the same pattern daily, because it's simple and practical. T-shirt or some sort, Jacket or sweater over it because it's cold here, and jeans. I don't get why anyone would wear pants other than jeans, as they're practical and comfortable. it's great.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

why anyone would wear pants other than jeans

Sweats, I love them. I wear jeans, sweats and shorts sometimes (since temperatures can rise above 40 degrees Celsius)

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

oh jeez then wear shorts. when it's -20 Celsius though, wearing shorts is like asking to die.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Haven't reached -20 Celcius for ages 20 years you dong that ain't an age or.. multiple here, but it can go to -8 ish.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

what about snow? Do you get that?

(there is a blizzard going down here today)

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Not that often anymore. Occasionally.. I think there was snowfall like, 5 times this winter? Not much snow and it wasn't even fun, just watery sky-****.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I care enough to dress appropriately for the occasion (dress code for work, jacket & tie for church, etc...). Beyond that I go for comfort and utility and style comes a distant third. If someone cares what I look like that much they can buy my clothes, until then I do as I like.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Tshirt, done. Jeans, done. Long thick hair combed to the side in a somehat edgy/hipster fashion, done.
I don't really care that much about how other people see me, but this is my normal, it's almost a second skin. I don't know how comfortable i would be changing it. people find it a bit odd when it's 40c and not even very dry and i'm trudging around in jeans, but eeh.

just go full sjw on your parents and inform them of their privalidge and tumblerspeak tumblerspeak tumblerspeak Don't do that, never go full sjw

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Jeans and t shirt, sometimes tank top, around the house, pretty much gym shorts and a tank top.

I try to not go out like that, unless i am just going to a store real quick.

if i go do a rare side job, it is jeans and a polo shirt.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I would rather say this

I care about my appearance as much as I care about the cleanliness of my room. It doesn't need to be perfect, and I don't have to always be upgrading and buying new stuff to keep on the "trends". But I still want to keep myself looking clean cut (as well as I can being the age I am), healthy, and well fitted as a person.

I want to give a good first impression, and that involves not only how I talk and represent myself, but how I also look. Along with this, I want to represent who I am, what my personality is, and who I like to be. I wear pants when it isn't boiling outside, and a various amounts of tees and jackets over that, of course with my headphones around my neck. I like the appearance, and I don't think it's bad in any way, and I haven't gotten any comments on how it's bad so :P

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I wear pants when it isn't boiling outside, and various amounts of tees and jackets over that, of course with my headphones around my neck.

I like that.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Plain single colored shirt with jeans, hoodie and a pair of sperrys. Occasionally i'll buy and wear some graphic tees for a hint of self expression as well.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I want to care what Iook like but simply don't. I wear a lot of sweaters and jeans, I wear grey a lot and own grey vans. That's about it. I hate short sleeve shirts as well. And shorts

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I care, in fact, i pay for my shoes and clothes because my mom can't afford to buy what i want(e.g Supra shoes and American Eagle shirts and pants) i don't hold this against my mom but choose to buy these things myself because i don't want her to feel inadequate

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't really care about brands and trends, thus the clothes I want are pretty cheap.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I wear pretty much only chinos and button up shirts when out of the house.

Lots of my clothes come from Express.

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

Express has the best jeans I've ever owned.

Wearing Express jeans as he types this

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

The clothes I like come from here and there, mostly Chinese websites (I'm pretty cheap xD) and merch websites. Also hottopic.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I Wore band Tee's from Hot Topic back when i was in like middle school. lol

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm.. A sophomore (2nd year, aye?) in high school rn

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Ayy Hot Topic. I get anime shirts from there.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I do care. I dress very business casual a lot of the times. I wear a button down dress shirt long sleeved with the sleeves rolled up (I like the look) and either a pair of slacks or a pair of jeans. Depending on whether I wear slacks or jeans, I wear dress shoes or tennis shoes, respectively.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I care quite a lot, although it doesn't look like it most of the times (because I'm at that age where you gradually start to change your style, aye?) and what I like most..

Are a lot of things..

My style ranges from sweats and hoodie/sweater to jeans and tee to (colored) jeans and flannel to button-down, sleeves rolled up, all-out with the accessoires.. I love band/anime tees, merch in general and just masculine/androgynous clothing.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to wear a lot of black. Before I came to know the Lord, I wore black all the time, which made it weird as I am painfully pale. I even had a long black trenchcoat I used to wear. After I was Born Again, my demeanor changed and my personality become much more upbeat and happier, so my clothes reflected that.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

painfully pale

Got that half Hebrew skin. Can't get pale for the life of me.

I used to wear a lot of black

"I never do," she said in her black tee, black jacket, heck, even black socks. Black bracelet too.

THERE'S EVEN BLACK PEN ON MY HAND

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Black goes with everything. Even itself, but I very rarely do all black. I can't anymore. it's not me.

And I have worked very hard to maintain my Glow-in-the-Dark complexion :-P

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

glow-in-the-dark

I kind of want to try glow-in-the-dark facepaint some time.. Hmpf.

Black goes with everything

YESsEesSEs I love black.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I wear almost all black at church lol

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Summer: Shorts And shirt, usually a collered one or a plad but often just a t shirt

Winter: Jeans, Never will I ever wear sweatpants, I hate the look of them

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I love sweatpants, although I do prefer jeans in terms of looks.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I always try to look good even if I'm just at home

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I prefer to wear cotton t-shirts with jeans, maybe the occasional black polo and pants if I have work or a show.

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

i did not know fridge's wore cloths.....

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

It's 2017, anything can happen

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

well, this is true

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Ooh, polos, forgot about those. I like 'em.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

The average guy in my school wears the same dam Quicksilver shirts with cacky shorts. It's disgustingly bland.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Average guy here wears jeans and some t-shirt or hoodie

[comment deleted]
  • 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Jeanhaters club!

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

wear sneakers every day

Not the only one there buddy

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube