add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

fx 8350 or pentium g4560?

zanezane319

33 months ago

I can throw in a fx 8 core chip in my rig or should i get a pentium g4560 a mobo and 8gb of ram for a little bit more? I only game and use discord, i dont stream or do anything like that

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Given your situation, you could go FX-8300 or FX-8320E, and then overclock slightly. This will save a bit of money vs the 8350.

You may also want to consider a Ryzen upgrade, as it looks like the price rumors turned out to be true.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

ive just been stuck with this current cpu for so long, and the ryzen quad cores arent gonna come out until later after the 8 cores launch

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, an octa-core FX can probably tide you over for now.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

thats what im thinking

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What's your current rig? What are you doing with it?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I am on a am3+ platform with 12gb ddr3 ram and a raadeon rx 470, i am running a crappy dual core athlon right now so i really need an upgrade

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmmm this is actually really tough. Kaby Lake will have a better upgrade path, but the 8350 will save you a bunch of money. I personally would go with either the 8350 or the 8320E and then overclock them. Although it depends on what you're doing, those CPU's still aren't that far behind the G4560 in single core performance.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I would probably opt for the 8350 in this situation, unless you intend to upgrade again soon.

If you want an upgrade path for the future I would go G4560, Z270, and 8gb of DDR4 to start. I say Z270 because you can get a cheap one down at $100 and can put in an i5/i7 overclockable processor in the future.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i already got 12gb of ram and a decent am3+ mobo i think i will get the fx 8 core then save for ryzen or intel after that i think it will get me by for now

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want something a little cheaper look at the FX8300 or Fx6300. 8300 is a lower clocked 8350 and can be overclocked to the same performance and onsale at newegg right now for $99. The 6300 is very close in gaming performance to the 8350 and i had mine overclocked to 4.4 ghz. You can find the 6300 onsale for $90 or less alot of the time.

If you are looking to upgrade to a new platform then the g4560 is not a bad chose and will have a great upgrade path. The fx series is dead. Rysen was launched last night.

If i were you i would wait till the cheaper ryzen 4 and 6 core processors are launched and upgrade to one of those.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

If your motherboard has good overclocking capabilities an 8350 could definately tide you over for a bit. Note that an 8320 is a bit cheaper and still ocs well

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Getting an FX 8 core chip is the smart choice financially. Also less hassle to install a CPU vs swapping out the entire motherboard. If you are just gaming, it will do you just fine.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, thats what my original plan is and the 8 core fx doesnt bottleneck a rx 470 in gpu intensive games like bf1 and gta i hope i can mod gta and do some heavy mods on other games at 1080p

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

That would be like a $500 investment, OP wants something to hold him over for as little cost.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i think i will get the fx 8 core chip for now and invest in ryzen or intel later on when prices stabilize

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD Ryzen!

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What about an fx-6300 thats an even cheaper option that would do well as a 6month hold over while you wait for a better upgrade on a new motherboard.

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

asus m5a78l usb3 it is a terrible oc board and i already put heatsinks on the mosfets myself so it can run an 8 core without throttling

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

how much performance will i lose going from a 8350 to 8320e?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube