add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ultra sound damping headphones

PCDanbo

34 months ago

Our places gets very loud and I am afraid I may suffer from ear damage. What good headphone would help block noise, I have a budget of 100 dollars, give or take a spare 50 dollars.

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

http://www.noisehelp.com/noise-dose.html
Some information, note that the db levels are in dba (a weighted) which better reflects how people actually hear sound, but an a weighted measurement will always be lower than an unweighted measurement.

If you do need some serious sound dampening I would suggest getting some protective earmuffs and wearing clip on or in ear headphones under them. With a touch of ingenuity you can even mod some on ear headphones (my suggestion would be the koss ksc75 into the cups like this

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I have been trying to find something like that because I work with electrial saws sometimes and I do not wear any ear protection at all. Yea, I was very clueless during that time. Thanks again

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Still, for regular headphones that have noise dampening (100-150), what would you recommend? I would definitely buy those ear protection now :D

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

noise dampening headphones is a really underdeveloped market, there's one that I found from a company that really knows what they're doing. link

if you're going to be using these a bit away from everything active noise canceling headphones are good with medium volume droning noise (think airplane noise) in which case I would recommend these

of course, closed back over ear headphones will give you some isolation from outside noise and is simpler and more cost effective than either of the above link

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the second choice you recommended.

I also found this one. Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 QuietPoint 3-Level Active Noise-Cancelling Over Ear Headphones

Do you think that one is good as well for the price? The only thing I don't like about this is that it runs on batteries. I'm not sure if it is wired.

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

The anc9 should be a nice incremental upgrade. Audio Technica tends to have very well priced quality products and these are no exception.

They are both wired, the battery is only used for the active noise cancelling and they can be used without it if you don't need it at the moment or if the battery is dead.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh thanks :D

It's sad that the active noise canceling only works through battery (If only they could be charged wired). Either way, I'll be getting the ANC9 for my loud work area and protective earmuffs when I work with wood.

I don't think using an ANC9 in a place with lots of sawdust would be good for the headphone.

Thanks again :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube