add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Encom

28 months ago

Hey guys building a new computer and been looking for anti virus after looking Iv found Bitdefender total security, Avira Pro, Zone Alarm Extreame and Malwarebytes 3.0 just would like people's opinions and I'll be useing ExpressVPN

Thank you guys

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm no expert, but I've heard REALLY good things about Malwarebytes.

This website may help you too: https://www.techsupportall.com/best-free-effective-anti-malware-software/

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I strongly suggest Getting Malwarebytes, (it's anti malware, not exactly an anti-virus, so yes, get an AV aswell.)

i suggest getting Bitdefender as the Anti virus. this year they made a good one (2017), it has very good detection rate, protection, features, etc. also you could buy the one you pay for, it has more features and ransomware protection (which is quite good, i am using the free trial of the paid version and it's good.)

However! i will say you don't need to pay for MalBytes or bitg defender (meaning you can get MB and bitdefender free, or trial) great pair.

Avira Pro

haven't used the pro ver, so don't know how good it is.

Zone Alarm Extreame

Haven't used this but you could try it..

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you willing to pay (and do you require 24/7 support because you have a tendency to get viruses, eg: Do you have a tendency to click on harmful links and install fishy looking software)? What is your computer normally used for? eg: Do you do software development on it or have a particular environment set up where you might have particular needs?

If you want to go the free route - I typically recommend Avast or Avira. Bitdefender is also good, but I haven't used it as much so I don't have as much experience.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Bit defender is great, especially this years. high detection's and other features. combine whatever AV you use with Malwarebytes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube