add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Software to sync a folder to network drive and thumb drive

Blockishsky
  • 39 months ago

I am looking for a software (prefer free) that lets me set a folder to sync to a drive I set up on my storage drive and a thumb drive when it hooked into the computer. I have tried a couple but they do not work with the flash drive like I would like. I want it to sync the folder as soon as it is plugged in and eject when it is done. My parents need a place to put their pictures as a backup and to view the ones we have without having to use a single flash drive. As well that have a LOT of pictures. My mother has 47gb just on a flash drive from 2010. If anyone knows of a good program that is light weight I can use or if there is an option in windows that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Blockishsky

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You can use cygwin to install the linux utility rsync in windows, it won't eject the drive when it's finished or start automatically, but you should be able to make a script for that (if you can't, well, then bash is just useless, which is a good possibility)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this light weight? I want to put it on my father and mothers laptops and they are kinda old and starting to slow down. I will look into this and see what I can do.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Performance isn't an issue

Note, this is a simple command line utility that does a few specific things. You'll have to do the legwork to get it to do what you want to do (via both batch and bash scripting)

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube