add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Overwhelmed with all these new gpus pls help

SikSnow

37 months ago

Hey everyone looking to upgrade my gpu this is what I have as far as cpu Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor and current gpu is MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card and w8th all these new choices I'm so lost I don't really overclock and just want to upgrade so with these new games my pc could handle high settings with 60 fps any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

An rx 480 or gtx 1060 is what you need for 1080p ultra, an rx 470 will do well on high

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

As BigAll said, the RX 480 4GB/8gb and GTX 1060 6gb are your best bet for 1080p gaming. If you can't afford either of those than the RX 470 offers about 90% of the performance of the RX 480 but can be much cheaper.

I picked up a reference style RX 470 to replace my Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 and the RX 470 averages about 40-50% higher FPS at 1080p. I picked it up on sale $150 so it was a great upgrade for the money spent.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

thinking MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card would that be a good pick up ?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a good card.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

So between the 480 and 1060 is one better or which one is going to last me longer or am I going to see pretty much the same performance ? Also thanks for the advice guys it's been about 2 years from my last build and I have such a hard time keeping up with what's new what's the best bang for your buck!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD's cards tend to last longer and the 4gb rx 480 does slightly outperform a 1060 3gb so it is a really great bang for the buck card.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

im thinking this what do you think? MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card or MSI Radeon RX 480 DirectX 12 RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

There isn't going to be much difference between the different 4gb rx 480s get whichever you like or whichever is cheapest

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i got you or would you reccomend something else?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Specifically, amd cards age better because of amd's driver strategy. amd relies on their cards doing things as spec'd while nvidia tries to squeze extra performance with game specific optimizations.in the next couple of years nvidia will move on to a new architecture and nvidia pascal cards will no longer be getting these updates.amd cards also tend to get better general performance as time goes on due to driver optimizations.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

So between those two what would you suggest or something completly different trying to fit it into a nzxt h440 and would love to not have to upgrade for a while

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The XFX RS RX 480 is slightly better than the armour rx 480 in my opinion.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

is that the 4g or 8 g thats what im torn between now

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The 4gb will perform within 1-4 fps of the 8gb unless you use anti aliasing or plan to mod the game.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube