add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need opinions: Sell these phones as "Used" or "Not working"?

Moto650

38 months ago

Good afternoon!

I have a Samsung- Galaxy S4 & an LG- G4. They both have problems in my area with connecting to AT&T's wireless network. My Galaxy will disconnect & not return for hours on end. My LG has a similar problem but isn't as bad. The G4 doesn't connect at my home except in certain spots (then leaves) but will usually come back once I leave the house. When it's connected, it rarely has strong reception. I took it to a repair shop & they said a board replacement might help solve the problems but an antenna replacement would not.

So I'm just curious what should I categorize these on eBay? I'm hoping an "Axon 7" will remedy this curse I've been having with my past 3 phones.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

If it turns on and functions normally for the most part, used. Just like you would sell something like a motherboard with a non working Ethernet port, the device as a whole still functions. Just not a small part of it. Not working would be suitable if the phone didn't turn on at all or had some major issues.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything else works great on both phones; they just don't work well as "phones", haha. Thanks for the opinions! I wanted to make sure my listings were not deceiving in anyway.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Used-problematic

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

List them as used, but be honest (and specific) about the issues so no one ends up surprised and leaves bad feedback.

Even if they can never connect to a cell network (i hope they still get wifi?) they're still good as mini-tablets/mp3 players and lots of people have a use for that.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I listed it as such & they sold the other day. They should be getting their phones tomorrow so hopefully they read everything I described. The Wi-Fi is still very reliable on both.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I ordered an open box one from Newegg; Hopefully they'll let me pick it up tomorrow! I was very tempted to get the "mini" since I'm on a tight budget & it's on sale for $216, out the door. I went with the 7 since I want to be happy with it for 1-1/2 to 2 years.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube