add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cancerous communities?

BM4C

37 months ago

What are some gaming or internet communities that you hate, or get on your nerves?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 5 points

I've said this before and I'll say it a million times:

WCCFTTech does a good job keeping on top of all tech news and rumors (even if they overhype like mofos)

BUT

The comment sections looks like 4chan spurted diarrhea all over a Disqus page.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going to say WCCFT

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Pcmasterrace mainly

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

The official World of Tanks forum, and the game in general.

I've played a lot and have been involved in many online communities, but that whole game is probably home to the most toxic community I know of and have ever been a part of. It's horrible there if you don't everything of everything about the game, or aren't up to the standards people think you should be, even if you're brand new.

Still good game tho.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I play this game all the time, and the only word I can use to describe the community is:

Wow.

There are good players out there in the vast ocean of **** to say the least. Some times people are so toxic they PM you after a battle just to tell you how bad you are and that you need to die. It's pathetic.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I was in a high ranked NA clan so I wasn't bad (usually lol), and I still got trash talked after matches by people who had very little idea how to play the game, even when I did considerably better than everyone else. I tried my hardest not to contribute to the cancer (I was actually a helpful person on their forums), but I just got burned out by everyone there dragging people into the ground.

Thank goodness for the WotLabs forum though. Made my time in that game bearable lol

I have yet to play again since I quit several months ago. One day I may go back..

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I am by no means bad either, I'm usually the target of those XVM using scrubs anyway and I actually get trash talked more now since they removed the chat for the enemy team.

I think instead of lashing out their anger against the enemy team now because they can't, people do it more to their team mates...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh I didn't mean it like that lol

XVM is a cancer in that game if there ever was one. If your XVM stats are poor (or anything less than the person you're talking to), instant trash talking. If it's high, say goodbye cause here comes arty.

And it wouldn't surprise me. I haven't played since the last update so I don't how that affects it. I guess good to know it didn't make the situation any better....lol

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

LTT, PC CoD, Certain ranks of cs, and sometimes others.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Certain ranks of cs

Silvers, low ranked Novas

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Same, I went on it once and I got crippling depression

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard this multiple times, what's the deal with the LTT community? I've watched plenty of LTT videos but never gone to the forum, why is it so universally panned?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Cabal of the build smiths. They believe you need at least 3 fans or you are going to overheat, the motherboard VRM system isn't important at all, overclocking doesn't make any difference, you have to be insane to pay $150 for a motherboard, a cheap Evga B1 is great for any build, if your benchmark proves them its invalid according to them, love to use the cheapest board possible even in 1K + builds.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I went on there just to see what it was like...

The only words that can describe it are: There are no words that can describe such a community. I have the constant urge to log in and correct stuff, but I don't because I know that won't do anything.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It would just lead to you getting banned : /

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly. It would. Besides, it would be a total waste of time - just like trying to correct those on /r/theworldisflat.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

The two places I am banned from...I literally just asked for solid proof on /r/theworldisflat and got a nasty message from the mod with a ban. Got banned from Cabal for repeatedly disagreeing/challenging their views which was a interesting experience since they literally told me all of my benchmarks and what not were invalid. Thought I could do something but it just turned out to be a waste of time like you said it would be.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The two places I am banned from...I literally just asked for solid proof on /r/theworldisflat and got a nasty message from the mod with a ban.

You know, why do they even think the earth is flat in the first place?

Got banned from Cabal for repeatedly disagreeing/challenging their views which was a interesting experience since they literally told me all of my benchmarks and what not were invalid. Thought I could do something but it just turned out to be a waste of time like you said it would be.

Yeah, talk about their "rules" on the side that say that claims must be backed up with benchmarks, including those from CPUBoss, GPUBoss, and CPU-World.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The vast majority of Official WoW forums....

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

OCN and /r/buildapc are for sure my top two.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of reddit.

Reddit is a very diverse place, it isn't really something you can put into a whole.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube