add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power Supply Issues

BBegal

40 months ago

So I made my build a few months ago using an old case and power supply. The PS was a BFG 550 watt and it seemed to work well at the start. I've been really happy with the performance of the computer. Start up speed, stability and general performance are just great. I did note a few crashes running Fallout 4 that I blamed on the video card but were probably caused by my old, failing power supply.

Then one day I pressed the power button and nothing happened. I found that the PS rocker switch would not go to the off position and figured the PS was my problem.

I replaced it with a 650 watt EVGA G2 modular which was a joy to install and is neater with fewer cables. It is also really quiet. I probably should have put in a new power supply from the start.

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

A PSU is the most important part of any computer build. Giving energy to all components connected. So the switch to the EVGA G2 is an excellent choice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube