add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Proper wattage for build

December454

39 months ago

I was just curious about what wattage I should choose when purchasing my power supply. Here it says my build will use 432 watts, Newegg says 596, and Sapphire recommends 750 for the r9 390 which I am using, so I just wanted to make the right choice and would like some feedback. I won't be overclocking my GPU and would only do so conservatively on my CPU, but I may be upgrading my graphics card in the future. Anyway I would just like some recommendations on the subject, and if you have any other comments about my build, feel free to say.

Thank you

My build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HBJzKZ

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

That PSU you picked is a great PSU for the build.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help. I just didn't want to make a mistake.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Ignore manufacturer estimations, they're always overestimated to account for ****** units that can't deliver their rated wattage continuously, basically headroom for units that should never be used within any build. The GS is SeaSonic-made (and KM3 based, iirc), so that should be absolutely no problem. It's one of the best units on the market and should have no problem juggling an R9 390.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The GS 850W and 1050W are KM3. The 550W and 650W are kind of like SeaSonic G with everything shifted around and performs worse than the SeaSonic G.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube