add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
FormulaPC

39 months ago

So I'm new to building computers and this summer I'll be building one for the first time. By budget has to be below $1000 which includes a monitor and wireless adapter and OS. So, PCpartpicker estimates that the pc would use 430+ watts and my PSU is 650 watts. Is that sufficient?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

What 650w PSU is it?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you link your build?

It's not the best, but it might do.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be fine! :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a fine PSU. No worries. You will be more than fine.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly the new CX-Ms get lots of the hate of older ones.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah same idiots saying that are the ones recommending evga 600bs for $1500 systems. lol

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

So CXM is OK but CM is not great apart from say the 430w?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The new x50W CX-Ms should almost certainly be better than the older x00W CX-Ms and are also better than the regular non semi modular CXs (not that they are bad, they're better than EVGA's 500B I'd argue). The x00W CX-Ms are also being replaced by the new ones.

Not sure if that answers your question.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Have any reviews dropped yet? If they point the unit being decent, I'll consider using them in the builds I recommend. (of the budget-orientated variety) :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The Corsair Vengeance series (In Germany) are the same platform as the new CX-Ms but use all "Japanese" caps and also have a 400W and 500W version. So we should be able to tell the new CX-Ms' performance from reviews of them.

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/netzteile/38397-corsair-vengeance-650w-im-test.html?start=4

Well, that's something anyway.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

As tiny_voices said, it really depends on the unit. If you're unsure, try looking on the label at the side of it, and taking a picture. If you can't find any sort of identification, that's a pretty bad sign.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube