add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU Cable Help // several components on one cable?!

Manism

40 months ago

Hey there, I am a total scrub when it comes to building computers. But I am actually building one right now :D

I bought a Corsair RM 550W PSU and it has:

1 x 24 Pin for the motherboard 1 x 8 Pin for the CPU 1 x 8 Pin for the Graphics Card 1 x 4 Pin for the LED and 2 fans for my special Razer edition NZXT S340 case

and now there are 2 x 3Sata cables and thats what I am struggling with!

I connnected 1 x 3Sata cable with my SSD and 1 x 3Sata cable with my HDD + the CPU Cooler !

Does that work or do they have to be plugged in in different cables. It's just that the PSU doesnt support more cables and I already put in every cable i could.

Looking forward to get some help

Cheers :)

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

The chains so 3 molex / sata on one cable can plug into multiple devices. So 3 HDD's can take power from one chain. Myou will be fine.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

great news to me :3

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

You could run the ssd hdd and cooler off the same cable if they're close enough to together.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

helped me a lot thx!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube