add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So what exactly is wrong with the EVGA NEX

BoggedHydra61

40 months ago

I am building a pc and im trying to get it the best as i can as cheap as possible and everyone is telling me to get a different psu, should i spend $20 more for the G2 counterpart or should i get the NEX

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 4 points

It has mediocre performance, mainly voltage reguaktion and build quality, it's group regulated and is just overpriced for what you get. You for sure should get a different psu

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you suggest a good 80+ gold psu that's cheaper

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

If you don't mind it only being Semi-modular the EVGA GQ series are quite good.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

the 650 GQ is fine. the 750 is not so good.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

true, had 650's on the brain this last week.

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

With exceptions being those over 1000w which did well.

Get the g2, it's one of the better units available and usually the best for its price as well

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube