add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Raidmax Monster(RX-700AT) Reviews

johngerges582
  • 47 months ago

I've been waiting to see this for a good while, and it's finally here. A good Raidmax power supply. And it isn't super expensive. An MSRP of $139 is a pretty good deal. While the performance isn't mind blowing, it's still pretty good. The warranty makes me wonder what Raidmax officials were smoking though.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/raidmax-monster-rx-700at-titanium-power-supply,4530.html

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=470

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

If they have 2 years warranty is because they expect that PSU to explode after 2 years.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

That's usually the case, but everything in here is of good quality.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

They really should toss in the NTC thermistor to help the inrush current and use a relay to bypass it. It's not super expensive. That, and have the power good signal drop not so late. Raidmax should up the warranty a few years or something. Fix those issues and it may be a decent choice.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Titanium is the best thing going for this unit.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Raidmax finally puts together something good and they only give it a 2 year warranty? That alone puts it on the never buy/ never recommend list for me. A titanium PSU should have a minimum of 8 years IMO.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube