add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New $20 Bill in USA

johngerges582
  • 49 months ago

I'm honestly surprised no one's said anything yet(unless I'm going full ****** again), but Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill will be replaced by Harriet Tubman.

Thoughts? we need good off topic posts...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/treasurys-lew-to-announce-hamilton-to-stay-on-10-bill-222204

The best thing that has come out of this was probably the memes.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 3 points

well

LET'S GET STARTED THEN.

dear America, please grow a pair.

signed, everyone that still has a brain

okay look, I'm not racist, I'm not sexist, but i am an American Citizen who thinks that the people of our country have gone full ******

and it's more than this. Trump. trump is a good example. I'm a moderate-republican. at first, Trump seemed like he was speaking out against the Parties and just was being republican so he'd actually get attention.

NOT

lol

seriously i just want people to stop BEING OFFENDED

BY EVERYTHING

that's all i want

can we have that

please?

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Totally fine with it. She did a lot to help a massive amount of people.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

That's really interesting, I had no idea. Sounds good to me, she is definitely a great symbol of this country, probably a better one than Jackson.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like it tbh. I saw this two days ago (and immediately forgot about it because that's how my mind works) and liked the idea of not only bringing a woman to a face of US currency, but also an African-American.

I'm honestly surprised no one's said anything yet(unless I'm going full ****** again)

Same here. I'm thinking that either they're not in the US or don't care enough to post a topic about it.

JK about both doe.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I do think it's cool, and truthfully, i don't know many people irl who know who Andrew Jackson is, but the sad thing is that it's now worth $15.6

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you live in the USA?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Have schools just stopped teaching kid the history of their country or something?

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I personally think we spend to much time on overseas history. We have 2 years minimum of international history and only 1 of U.S.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

IDK, but i know lots of people who don't think he did anything. To be fair, i know lots of people that don't know the three branches of the US government.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

no but it makes us out to be best and the greatest, we are taught to look down on "empires" yet we do have one (philippines, virgin islands, puerto rico,). Any bad stuff we did is usually hush hush, not entirely but enough. Slavery and Native americans are like 2 day units (where i live) while everything else is like 2-3 weeks

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not unwelcome, but I feel it was unnecessary.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Agreed. H. Tubman deserves to be honored, but replacing Jackson has the stench of political correctness run amok.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Political correctness at its best

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Ehh, my gut is saying "So what?"

I mean, it's not like it's going to somehow make up for the historical issues and, well, aside from those cheesy "bribe" lines ("Would Mr. Washington have a table ready? No? How about a Mr. Lincoln?) and numismatists, who really cares what money looks like as long as it's accepted?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Isn't Jackson just gonna get moved to the back r something?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont care. This doesnt really concern me seeing as im in canadia, land of maple syrup and lack of microcenters

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Maple syrup on all dollar bills.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

No, but we have

strains memory

The queen, the canadarm, sir john A macdonald (the first PM) and we might have lester B pearson. Im not sure as i dint really have much money to stare at and memorize.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I voted for this.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

g4u didn't know they put it to a vote

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

There was a pretty big movement to decide who would be put on the new bill.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Finally! A black person on a form of currency! And whats even better... ITS A WOMAN

(Being black rhis feels great)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

*this

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait, this is for real?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube