• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

philip 37 months ago

We're watching things closely, don't worry.

Seriously. Everyone relax - we've got this. The finger-pointing is almost worse than the cheating attempts.

Comments Sorted by:

526christian 3 points 37 months ago

Shouldn't it be obvious to people that you would at least, oh, you know, see it because it suddenly pops up because of the votes? Do people really think you wouldn't notice? Oh my.

johngerges582 3 points 37 months ago
[comment deleted by staff]
Tooth 1 Build 2 points 37 months ago

Too many children present

elvenson 5 Builds 1 point 37 months ago

hahaha, this :P

FH100 1 point 37 months ago

Just a random thought...

Any chance you know when votes are given for the guides? If so, would it be possible to create a votes/time graph showing say the top 5 guides after this is over? Or just release all the info so we can play with it ourselves? (Like seeing the differences between new accounts and long time PCPP users, what days/time periods were most active...)

philip staff submitter 10 Builds 4 points 37 months ago

We have plenty of info on the votes, but we won't be releasing it as that would violate our privacy policy. (And I've seen enough trials of anonymizing data gone wrong that I'm not even going to attempt anything like that myself.)

FH100 1 point 37 months ago

Darn, though good for you to sticking to your principles on privacy.

Xorex64 1 point 37 months ago

We have plenty of info

I was scrolling down fast, i read "We have plenty of cat info"

manirellis_fridge 1 point 37 months ago

I know this isn't relevant to the upvoting, but can you explain the purpose of the fridge tag? I feel like there is something hidden within I don't know about.

unicykle 3 Builds 1 point 37 months ago

Hidden? Nah, It's clearly a flag to alert the powers that be, that you need to be replenished with fresh stocks of beer.

I would assume these 'powers' to be either Manirellis himself, or the people who have done Manirellis grave enough ill as to warrant beer compensation.

Stay frosty my ample friend.

philip staff submitter 10 Builds 1 point 37 months ago

Har har har.

MacGoreth 1 Build 1 point 37 months ago

:/ :'/

[comment deleted]
philip staff submitter 10 Builds 1 point 37 months ago

Did you completely ignore what this topic was about? Seriously, just relax and trust me. I'm going to be so glad when this is all over.

526christian 2 points 37 months ago

We all will be.

Tooth 1 Build 1 point 37 months ago

Hopefully you will learn a few things to make another attempt to bring excitement to this forum :)

I appreciated everything your guys do behind the scenes. It just does not get stated enough.

herefordacontest 1 point 37 months ago

Plot twist: philip knows a guy in the NSA. (jk I think).

[comment deleted]
philip staff submitter 10 Builds 3 points 37 months ago

I'm not upset or mad. But it is frustrating to see everyone freaking out when we've continually messaged people that in the end, everything is going to be ok. We don't speak too much about it right now because we don't want to tip our hand. We're well aware of multiple strategies to fake votes.

When Enigma was defeated during WWII, they didn't tell the Germans. Instead, they held their cards close to their chest to win the war. They even let some bad things happen that could have been stopped - so that it wouldn't be obvious that Enigma had been compromised.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]